Continuing Professional Development
LEARN - A Teaching School Alliance has the sharing of good practice embedded into its ethos. Professional development across the Alliance combines the 'best practice' in context by the best practitioners with highly developed programmes and courses.
Find out more information:
- Newly Qualified Teachers The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statuatory requirement for the induction period of NQTs, and Appropriate Bodies make the final decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teachers' Standards on the recommendation of the Headteacher/Principal. This service is built around the three main responsibilities of administration, quality assurance and monitoring.
- Recently Qualified Teachers The RQT programme is aimed at teachers in their second or third year of teaching and aims to support them as they develop their teaching career. Teachers who complete the programme are well placed to be considered for a middle leadership post. As part of the programme, delegates have access to a professional mentor within their own school who is usually a senior member of staff. The programme is designed to improve the skills and confidence of RQTs and promote an understanding of how the GROWTH mindset and effective formative assessment can improve teaching and learning. Delegates will undertake an action research project to develop their professional practice. The programme runs for a period of six months.
- Aspiring Middle Leadership This course is run by Senior Leaders of Alliance Schools and delegates are also supported by a learning coach in their own school. It will focus on developing both leadership skills and understanding how data is used to develop improvement strategies. Delegates produce a leadership challenge project, which aims specifically to close an attainment gap within their own school. The programme consists of an initial full day of training following by a series of twilight sessions. It finishes with a half-day presentation and celebration event for delegates and their learning coaches.
- Outstanding Middle Leadership This course will be held over two twilight sessions followed by a full day of individual coaching and a presentation afternoon. The sessions will be delivered by experienced senior leaders from our alliance schools and will include the following topics: Vision and Language for Leadership, Effective self-evaluation, Key priorities and action planning, leadership, coaching in action.
- Assistant Headteacher This programme consists of three sessions and is led by senior leaders. Topics covered will be: Suceeding in Senior Leadership; Developing Efficiency in Schools; Leading Change
- Quality Through Leadership As a partnership, we work across several Local Authority boundaries including: Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset (including Bournemouth & Poole) and the Isle of Wight.