What our current trainees had to say about their induction for the 2017 – 2018 programme
- The entire induction was wonderful, with clear and insightful introductions into all aspects of teaching.
- Amazed at the consistently high standard across all experts with regard to relevant/succinct information delivered in an interesting way.
- Staff spoke with true passion.
- Very valuable information expertly delivered.
- The expertise from trainers/teachers has been superb.
- Invaluable tips and thought provoking.
What last year’s trainees had to say about their induction
- Excellent start to the year. Very engaging considering the amount of information to get through in three days.
- It has been a great three days with opportunities to get to know the other trainees. Interactive sessions gave an opportunity to think for yourself rather than just being talked at.
- Really impressed with all the speakers. Every presentation was delivered with expertise and each presenter had brilliant knowledge.
- Really insightful, useful and accessible information pitched perfectly. Particularly enjoyed the more interactive sessions/workshops. All presenters instilled confidence and assurance and were thoroughly engaging. Thank you for alleviating fear!
- All of the training received has been extremely consistent and very informative. I have learnt a large volume of useful practice which I hope to be able to use in my teaching to a good standard or more. I have also found it very supportive.
- I have learnt so much already and it has really made me think about my approach to every aspect of teaching. I feel I have come away with so much knowledge and information.
Quotes taken from induction day questionnaires
How did you hear about the Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership?
- Your current trainees at my workplace recommended it.
- Recommendation from a teacher relative.
- Through researching teacher training courses online.
- Working in a partnership school as an LSA.
- University lecturer.
- Train to Teach event.
What prompted you to apply with the Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership?
- Really positive comments from trainees and NQTs.
- I’d heard of it’s fantastic reputation.
- Word of mouth about the excellent training it provides.
- A more personal experience, easy to ask for help.
- Reputation – impressed with the entire system: size, support, friendliness.
- Gaining QTS and PGCE.
- Recommendation by a Head Teacher.
- Excellent schools within the partnership.
- I loved their ethos towards education and their trainees.
If you received multiple offers, what made you choose Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership?
- The experience, organisation and staff.
- The support on offer.
- The partnership schools.
- Excellent employment records.
- I really liked the ethos, leadership and nurturing culture.
- The quality of the course.
- The outstanding Ofsted rating.
- It seemed the most professional and organised.
- I felt both comfortable and challenged by the interview and felt excited by the high standards of the scheme.
- I declined future interviews with alternative providers as the provision seems so impressive.
A range of comments on our weekly training days:
- Great balance of information and interaction.
- Another excellent and inspiring day.
- Excellent day of training and extremely relevant and useful for teaching next week.
- All speakers incredibly enthusiastic and inspirational, reminding me of the reasons I want to enter a career in teaching.
- Lots of information but presented in a brilliant fashion.
- Fabulous input today – there is a huge amount of information being supplied.
- Fantastic practical strategies which can be applied in a classroom.
- Incredibly helpful and well-structured.
- Subject knowledge from lead teacher was phenomenal.
- I found this training really helpful in developing my confidence and giving me areas of improvement.
- Daunting to realise just how high we need to aim to reach a certain level of teaching excellence, but inspiring all the same.
- Truly great day. Lots of very useful information, tips and further research without feeling too overwhelming.
- Fun, interactive and informative.
- All round excellent training day.
- The training today was exceptional.
- Really positive experience.
- As always the speakers were excellent and have left my head swimming with ideas to incorporate in my planning and lessons.
- Was really impressed that every presenter not only explained how to do things but actually gave real solutions/ideas on how to do it.
- Brilliant day.